City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 55521    Version: Name: Substitute - Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation for East Washington Avenue (Blair Street to East Springs Drive) Adaptive Traffic Signal system. (2nd, 6th, 12th, 15th, 17th
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 4/23/2019 In control: FINANCE COMMITTEE
On agenda: 5/14/2019 Final action: 5/14/2019
Enactment date: 5/17/2019 Enactment #: RES-19-00379
Title: SUBSTITUTE - Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation for East Washington Avenue (Blair Street to East Springs Drive) Adaptive Traffic Signal system. (2nd, 6th, 12th, 15th, 17th ADs) and amending the 2019 Adopted Budget to appropriate $792,000 in state funding for the project.
Sponsors: Syed Abbas, Patrick W. Heck, Marsha A. Rummel, Samba Baldeh, Grant Foster
Attachments: 1. 3700-10-77_SMFA_20190418.pdf, 2. Budget Amendment.pdf, 3. 55521 v1.pdf
Date Ver.Action ByActionResultAction DetailsWatch
5/14/20192 COMMON COUNCIL Adopt UnanimouslyPass Action details Not available
5/8/20191 TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION Return to Lead with the Recommendation for Approval  Action details Not available
5/8/20191 BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS Return to Lead with the Recommendation for ApprovalPass Action details Not available
5/6/20192 FINANCE COMMITTEE RECOMMEND TO COUNCIL TO ADOPT (15 VOTES REQUIRED) - REPORT OF OFFICERPass Action details Not available
4/30/20191 FINANCE COMMITTEE Referred  Action details Not available
4/30/20191 FINANCE COMMITTEE Referred  Action details Not available
4/30/20191 COMMON COUNCIL Referred  Action details Not available
4/23/20191 Traffic Engineering Division Referred for Introduction  Action details Not available
Fiscal Note
The total construction cost of the project is $1,079,000.00. The state share is $792,000.00 (90%) of the construction cost to a maximum of $792,000.00 (12348-45-220). The local share is $88,000.00 (10%) of the construction cost (12348-45-176), 100% of the design cost and non-participating construction cost, and any exceeding amount over the state funded $792,000.00.

Approximately $102,000.00 will be needed for design review in 2019 and is included in the 2019 Traffic Engineering Capital Budget Traffic Signal Installation project (Munis Project 12348-45-801). Construction is planned in 2019 and 2020. Funding will require a future budget amendment.

Title
SUBSTITUTE - Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation for East Washington Avenue (Blair Street to East Springs Drive) Adaptive Traffic Signal system. (2nd, 6th, 12th, 15th, 17th ADs) and amending the 2019 Adopted Budget to appropriate $792,000 in state funding for the project.

Body
WHEREAS, The City of Madison is proposing an adaptive traffic signal system for East Washington Avenue in order to improve travel times and maintain mobility; and

WHEREAS, the project will be administered by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) and a project Agreement with WisDOT will be required to receive state funding. The proposed project is planned to begin construction in the year 2019 and must be constructed with final acceptance completed by June 30, 2025; and

WHEREAS, The City of Madison and WisDOT propose to enter into an agreement for construction and cost sharing of the proposed project. The basis for cost sharing participation is as follows:
1) Design Engineering: All design-engineering costs are 100% Local Funding (City of Madison).
2) Project Construction Costs: WisDOT shall pay 90% of the costs for construction and the remaining 10% funded by the City of Madison, to a cap of $792,000.000 for the WisDOT; and

...

Click here for full text