City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 60606    Version: 1 Name: analytics software platform from Streetlight Data, Inc.
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 5/19/2020 In control: Department of Planning and Community and Economic Development
On agenda: 6/16/2020 Final action: 6/16/2020
Enactment date: 6/22/2020 Enactment #: RES-20-00463
Title: Authorizing, on behalf of the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board - An MPO, a noncompetitive sole source contract for a one-year subscription renewal to an online transportation data analytics software platform from Streetlight Data, Inc. to support MPO and City of Madison planning activities
Sponsors: Grant Foster, Patrick W. Heck, Samba Baldeh, Michael J. Tierney, Syed Abbas
Attachments: 1. Streetlight Data_Non-Competitive Request.pdf
Fiscal Note
The funding for the proposed contract is included in the Planning Division’s MPO operating budget and includes both carryover 2019 ($99,000 total) and 2020 ($26,000 total) grant funding. The federal and state grant funding that MATPB receives covers 85% of the cost with the remaining 15% matching amount mostly covered by the City. No additional City appropriation is required.
Title
Authorizing, on behalf of the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board - An MPO, a noncompetitive sole source contract for a one-year subscription renewal to an online transportation data analytics software platform from Streetlight Data, Inc. to support MPO and City of Madison planning activities
Body
WHEREAS, the City of Madison is responsible for providing professional staff services to the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board (“MATPB”), the designated metropolitan planning organization (“MPO”) for the Madison area, as provided for in the 2007 MPO designation agreement; and

WHEREAS, the City of Madison is the administrative and fiscal agent for the MATPB and is a legally constituted entity under the laws of the State of Wisconsin and able to receive the federal and state grant funding, which covers 85% of the MATPB budget; and

WHEREAS, as the designated MPO for the Madison area MATPB has responsibilities to perform metropolitan transportation planning and programming activities, including development of a long-range multi-modal regional transportation plan and transportation improvement program; and

WHEREAS, due to limitations in scale, cost, and time, traditional travel data collection methods alone are not sufficient to support effective transportation planning and project design given the changing transportation landscape as evidenced by the impact of COVID-19 on travel, and transportation professionals are therefore turning to Big Data resources and software to support planning for the future; and

WHEREAS, MATPB hired a consulting team led by Cambri...

Click here for full text