Madison, WI Header
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 44910    Version: Name: Authorizing the City to execute an operating agreement with the Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association, Inc. for the 2016-2020 seasons and establish a segregated non-reverting account that would support special maintenance of the specified fields.
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 10/24/2016 In control: BOARD OF PARK COMMISSIONERS
On agenda: 11/22/2016 Final action: 11/22/2016
Enactment date: 11/28/2016 Enactment #: RES-16-00852
Title: SUBSTITUTE - Authorizing the City to execute an operating agreement with the Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association, Inc. for the 2016-2020 seasons for the use of certain athletic fields in City parks, and establish a segregated non-reverting account funded by the agreement that would support special maintenance of the specified athletic fields. and establish a special revenue fund to handle the transactions associated with the agreement.
Sponsors: Paul R. Soglin, Samba Baldeh, Amanda Hall
Attachments: 1. MUFA Ultimate Frisbee Use Agreement (2016-2020) (10 12 16).pdf, 2. Version 10-20-2016.pdf
Fiscal Note
This resolution authorizes a three (3) year agreement with the possibility of two (2) one-year renewals with Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association, Inc. (MUFA) at various City parks locations. The agreement will set forth the terms and conditions upon which the City will allow MUFA priority usage of certain athletic fields in City parks as set forth in the Agreement for MUFA’s ultimate leagues, on a non-exclusive basis. In addition, this Agreement will establish a segregated non-reverting account and a fee structure that supports the shared goals of supporting the volume use of the City’s park space and providing quality maintenance of the City’s athletic fields.

Over the potential five-year term of this agreement, it is anticipated that the MUFA will pay the City approximately $320,000 ($64,000 annually). Approximately $170,000 (80%) of this amount is for field use and reservation charges, which will be deposited as General Fund revenue. The remaining 20% will be credited to the Parks Division’s Operating Budget to offset extraordinary scheduling, planning and reservation work created under this agreement. The remaining $150,000 is the estimated value of a per player surcharge to be remitted by MUFA to the City for the maintenance, restoration, and improvement of specified fields; these expenditures will be handled through a special revenue fund.


Title
SUBSTITUTE - Authorizing the City to execute an operating agreement with the Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association, Inc. for the 2016-2020 seasons for the use of certain athletic fields in City parks, and establish a segregated non-reverting account funded by the agreement that would support special maintenance of the specified athletic fields. and establish a special revenue fund to handle the transactions associated with the agreement.


Body
WHEREAS, the Madison Ultimate Frisbee Association, Inc. (MUFA) is a non-profit entity that was created in 1993 and is dedicated to providing opportun...

Click here for full text