City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 32554    Version: 1 Name: 2013 Section 5339 Grant
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 12/10/2013 In control: TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (ended 06/2018)
On agenda: 2/25/2014 Final action: 2/25/2014
Enactment date: 2/28/2014 Enactment #: RES-14-00154
Title: Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities public transit capital grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Sponsors: Chris Schmidt, Sue Ellingson, Anita Weier
Attachments: 1. 2013 Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities Grant Budget.pdf
Fiscal Note
Funds under this grant will be used to support the Transit Division Capital budget. Up to 80% of the total project cost of $229,176.25 is funded by USDOT/FTA with the remaining 20% local share ($45,835.25) to be funded with general obligation debt, which is included in the Transit Utility's Capital budget.
Title
Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities public transit capital grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Body
PREAMBLE
Under Section 5339 (formerly known as Section 3 of the Federal Transit Act, as amended), capital funds are available for transit system capital improvements. Metro will use these funds to purchase buses to replace older buses still in service. The local share is funded in the Metro Capital budget.

WHEREAS, FTA has been delegated authority to award Federal financial assistance for a transportation project; and

WHEREAS, grants for financial assistance will impose certain obligations upon the City of Madison, including the provision of the local share of the project costs; and

WHEREAS, as a condition of the assistance, the City of Madison must provide all annual certifications and assurances required by FTA and negotiate an agreement relating to the protection of mass transit employees under the provisions of Section 5333(b), formerly Section 13 (c) of the Federal Transit Act, as amended; and

WHEREAS, the U.S. Department of Transportation's Master Agreement contains a provision which requires the City to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Federal Government against any liability, including costs and expenses, resulting from any willful or intentional violation by the City of Proprietary rights, copyrights, or right of privacy, arising out of the publication, translation, reproduction, deli...

Click here for full text