Madison, WI Header
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 49548    Version: 1 Name: 2017 Super Grant
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 11/13/2017 In control: TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (ended 06/2018)
On agenda: 1/2/2018 Final action: 1/2/2018
Enactment date: 1/5/2018 Enactment #: RES-18-00035
Title: Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, 5337 & 5339 Super Grant, public transit capital, capital maintenance, and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Sponsors: David Ahrens, Rebecca Kemble
Attachments: 1. 2017 Super Grant Budget.pdf
Fiscal Note
The proposed resolution authorizes Metro Transit to execute the grant agreement for a portion of the budgeted federal funds in Metro's Adopted Capital and Operating budgets. This grant agreement reflects up to 80% of the total grant budget is funded by USDOT/FTA with the remaining 20% local share to be funded from the budgeted general obligation debt and operating funds included in the Transit Utility’s Capital and Operating budgets.

Title
Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, 5337 & 5339 Super Grant, public transit capital, capital maintenance, and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Body
PREAMBLE
Under the Urbanized Area Formula program of 49 United States Code 5307, funds are made available for capital and operating assistance and transportation-related planning projects. As an urbanized area, the City of Madison receives from the U.S. Congress an apportionment for use by Madison Metro. Metro will use its funds for capital leasing, preventive maintenance costs, ADA Paratransit service costs, capital costs for low-floor buses, and project administration costs as included in the Transit Division capital and operating budgets.

Under Sections 5337 and 5339 (formerly known as Section 3 of the Federal Transit Act, as amended), capital funds are available for transit system capital improvements. Metro will use these funds to purchase buses to replace older buses still in service. The local share is funded in the Metro Capital budget.

WHEREAS, FTA has been delegated authority to award Federal financial assistance for a transportation project; and

WHEREAS, grants for financial assistance will impose certain obligations upon the City of Madison,
including the provision of the local share of the project costs; and

WHERE...

Click here for full text