City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 27127    Version: 1 Name: 2012 Section 5307 Grant
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 7/17/2012 In control: TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (ended 06/2018)
On agenda: 9/4/2012 Final action: 9/4/2012
Enactment date: 9/6/2012 Enactment #: RES-12-00710
Title: Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, public transit capital, capital maintenance, and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Sponsors: Chris Schmidt, Lisa Subeck, Bridget R. Maniaci
Attachments: 1. 2012 Section 5307 Project Description and Budget.pdf
Fiscal Note
Funds under this grant will be used to support the Transit Division Capital and Operating budgets. Up to 80% of the total project cost of $8,854,944 is funded by USDOT/FTA with the remaining 20% local share ($1,770,989.) to be funded from general obligation debt and operating funds included in the Transit Utility’s Capital and Operating budgets.

The separate 13c agreement is a required precondition for receiving Federal grant funds. Any costs associated with the 13(c) agreement are included in the Transit Division operating budget.
Title
Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, public transit capital, capital maintenance, and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Body
PREAMBLE
Under the Urbanized Area Formula program of 49 United States Code 5307, funds are made available for capital and operating assistance and transportation-related planning projects. As an urbanized area, the City of Madison receives from the U.S. Congress an apportionment for use by Madison Metro. Metro will use its funds for capital leasing, preventive maintenance costs, ADA Paratransit service costs, capital costs for Paratransit low-floor buses, general maintenance building improvements, additional security equipment, IT hardware & software, Support Vehicles, Shop equipment, transit enhancements, project administration costs and planning costs associated with the Metropolitan Planning Organization as included in the Transit Division capital and operating budgets.

WHEREAS, FTA has been delegated authority to award Federal financial assistance for a transportation project; and

WHEREAS, grants for financial assistance will impose certain obligations upon the City of Madison, including the provision of the local share of the project costs; and

WHER...

Click here for full text