City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 18947    Version: 1 Name: 2010 Section 5307 Grant
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 6/22/2010 In control: TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (ended 06/2018)
On agenda: 7/20/2010 Final action: 7/20/2010
Enactment date: 7/21/2010 Enactment #: RES-10-00674
Title: Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, public transit capital, capital maintenance and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13(c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Sponsors: Chris Schmidt, Brian L. Solomon, Jed Sanborn
Attachments: 1. 2010 Section 5307 Grant Budget.pdf
Fiscal Note
Funds under this grant will be used to support the Transit Division 2010 Capital and Operating budgets. Up to 80% of the total project cost of $8,832,424 is funded by USDOT/FTA with the remaining 20% local share to be funded from general obligation debt and operating funds included in the Transit Utility’s 2010 adopted Capital and Operating budgets.
(Please see the attached document "2010 Section 5307 Grant Budget".)
Title
Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Section 5307, public transit capital, capital maintenance and capital planning grant with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13(c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Body
PREAMBLE
Under the Urbanized Area Formula program of 49 United States Code 5307, funds are made available for capital and operating assistance and transportation-related planning projects. As an urbanized area, the City of Madison receives from the U.S. Congress an apportionment for use by Metro Transit. Metro will use its funds for capital leasing, preventive maintenance costs, associated Capital maintenance costs for Bus rehab and ADA Paratransit Service costs, capital costs for general maintenance building improvements and Park & Ride Lot improvements, additional security equipment, IT hardware & software, Support Vehicles, Farebox equipment, Shop & Office equipment, transit enhancements, and planning costs associated with the Metropolitan Planning Organization as included in the Transit Division capital and operating budgets.

WHEREAS, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has been delegated authority to award Federal financial assistance for a transportation project; and

WHEREAS, grants for financial assistance will impose certain obligations upon the City of Madison, including the provision of the local share of the project costs; and

WHEREAS, as a condi...

Click here for full text