City of Madison, Wisconsin | Legislative Information Center
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 18738    Version: 1 Name: 2009 Section 5309 Bus Discretionary Funding
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 6/2/2010 In control: TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION (ended 06/2018)
On agenda: 7/20/2010 Final action: 7/20/2010
Enactment date: 7/21/2010 Enactment #: RES-10-00672
Title: Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Public Transit Capital Grant with U.S Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Sponsors: Jed Sanborn, Brian L. Solomon, Chris Schmidt
Attachments: 1. 2009 Section 5309 Bus and Bus Facilities Discretionary Program Funding Budget.pdf
Fiscal Note
Funds under this grant will be used to support the 2010 Metro Transit Capital budget. Up to 80% of the total project cost of $1,642,597 is funded by USDOT/FTA with the remaining 20% local share ($328,519.) to be funded with general obligation debt, which is included in the Metro Transit 2010 adopted Capital Budget. No additional appropriation is required.
(Please see the attached document “2009 Section 5309 Bus and Bus Facilities Discretionary Program Funding Budget.” )
Title
Authorizing the Transit General Manager to file an application for a Public Transit Capital Grant with U.S Department of Transportation and authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the associated grant agreement with USDOT and the associated 13 (c) agreement with Teamsters Local No. 695.
Body
PREAMBLE
Under Section 5309 Bus and Bus Facilities Discretionary Program funds, capital funds are available for Transit system Capital projects in the State of Wisconsin. The State of Wisconsin has given the City of Madison approval to apply for and secure these funds directly. Metro will use these funds to purchase up to five 40 ft. replacement buses.

WHEREAS, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has been delegated authority to award Federal financial assistance for a transportation project; and

WHEREAS, grants for financial assistance will impose certain obligations upon the City of Madison, including the provision of the local share of the project costs; and

WHEREAS, as a condition of the assistance, the City of Madison must provide all annual certifications and assurances required by FTA, and negotiate an agreement relating to the protection of mass transit employees under the provisions of Section 5333(b), formerly Section 13 (c) of the Federal Transit Act, as amended; and

WHEREAS, the U.S. Department of Transportation's Master Agreement contains a provision which requires the City to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Federal Government against any liabil...

Click here for full text