Private Contract, No City Funds Required.
Approving plans and specifications for public improvements necessary for the project known as 802-854 E. Washington Avenue - Galaxie. and authorizing construction to be undertaken by the Developer, Private Contract No. 2371 (2nd AD)
WHEREAS, the developer, The Gebhardt Galaxie LLC. has received the City of Madison's conditional approval for a Conditional Use Permit to construct a mixed use building at 802-854 East Washington Avenue, and,
WHEREAS, Section 16.23(9) of the Madison General Ordinances and the conditions of approval require the developer to install the public improvements necessary to serve the development.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED:
1. That the Mayor and City Clerk are hereby authorized and directed to execute a Contract For the Construction of Public Improvements to be Accepted by the City of Madison for 802-854 E. Washington Avenue - The Galaxie, with The Gebhardt Galaxie LLC
2. That the plans and specifications for the public improvements necessary to serve the PUD are hereby approved.
3. That the developer is authorized to construct the public improvements in accordance with the terms of the Contract For the Construction of Public Improvements that will be accepted by the City of Madison at the sole cost of the developer, except as follows: NONE
4. That the Mayor and City Clerk are hereby authorized to sign and grant easements or right-of-way release or procurement documents, maintenance agreements or encroachment agreements, as necessary and grant or accept dedication of lands and/or easements from/to the Developer/Owner for public improvements located outside of existing public fee title or easement right-of-ways.
5. The Common Council is approved to accept ownership of the improvements in the Maintenance Area if a maintenance agreement is executed and recorded as a condition of this contract.